The Finance Committee (also known as the Budget Committee) meets to review, discuss, and take action on the Superintendent's proposed budget.
Their purpose is to do the following:
- To annually receive the Superintendent's proposed budget for the following year.
- Hold public meetings and recommend changes in the budget.
- Submit the budget to the Board for final approval, briefing the Board on its development and impact on the overall educational program.
- To review the allocation of funds approved annually by the Town Council and to make recommendations to the Board for budget adjustments.
- To make recommendations on methods of financial reporting for the Board.
- To review changes in the operating budget that involve the reallocation of funds from one major category to another and recommend to the Board transfer of funds.
- To consider the new items requiring Board approval and update the budget as required.
- To keep the Board informed on school financial legislation.
- To keep the public informed on the budget status at its monthly meetings and at other times as necessary.
Click on a link on the left to view more information about the Finance Sub-Committee.