Elementary Parents: The second trimester at the elementary level will be extended by one week – 5 days.
Secondary Parents: The third marking period at the secondary level will also be extended by one week- 5 days.
To develop a community of learners in which ALL
students acquire the knowledge, skills and confidence to meet the
challenges of a changing and increasingly diverse
Stratford Board of Education District Goals
Goal 1. The Stratford Public Schools shall
improve the academic achievement of every student in our diverse,
evolving community by:
- Early intervention programs, including universal
- Better preparing parents for
their supporting role in the education system;
- Standardizing curriculum to challenge all
- Maximizing the effective use of
- Providing a highly qualified
Goal 2. The Stratford Public Schools shall
create an academic environment based on the Six Pillars of Character
- Establishing high standards of behavior for all
students, staff and parents;
- Ensuring that all
students are legally entitled to an education by the Stratford Public
- Requiring appropriate attire for all
students and staff;
- Providing a safe and orderly
environment for students and staff.
Goal 3. The Stratford Public Schools shall
develop an ongoing partnership with the community by:
- Continuing school/business
- Maintaining positive relationships
with the Town Council and other town entities;
- Expanding the community outreach to encourage greater
involvement in the school system.
Goal 4. The Stratford Public Schools shall
prioritize resources to support the academic goals of the
© 2008-2014 All rights reserved. Stratford Board of Education.