Other Standing Committees
Other Standing Committees include, but are not limited to the following:
CABE (Connecticut Association of Boards of Education) , CES (Cooperative Educational Services), Liaison Committee, PTA Council, Recreation Committee, Town Building Needs Committee, Six to Six Magnet School
- A Board member will be appointed to participate on each governing Board and on any other Board Committee that the Board of Education deems necessary.
- For 2011-2013, the following have been appointed:
1. CABE (Connecticut Association of Boards of Education) - Gavin Forrester
2. CES (Cooperative Educational Services - Gavin Forrester
3. Liaison Committee - Gavin Forrester
4. PTA Council - Janice Daponte
5. Town Building Needs Committee - Gavin Forrester, Joseph Crudo
6. Six to Six Magnet School - Janice Daponte
The Chairperson of the Board of Education shall appoint temporary and special committees as may be deemed necessary or advisable by the Board of Education. The Superintendent may be a member of such committees, and may make such comments and suggestions as he/she deems advisable. The duties of the committee shall be considered dissolved when its final report has been made to the Board of Education. Such committees may advise the Board but may never determine policy nor discharge administrative duties. All committees of the Board of Education shall follow the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act as required by statute.
© 2008-2013 All rights reserved. Stratford Board of Education.