ALP (Advanced Learning Program)
The Stratford Board of Education’s mission is to develop a community of learners in which ALL students acquire the knowledge, skills, and confidence to meet the challenges of a changing and increasingly diverse society. To that end, the Stratford Board of Education recognizes that some students have advanced learning ability and/or outstanding talent. These students come from all socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds. The Stratford Board of Education affirms the following:
- Curricular modifications as described in our program design will occur in the regular classroom to provide continuous levels of challenge for all students, including those with unique gifts and talents.
- In addition to the regular classroom, a range of instructional settings will be available for specialized instruction that meets the intellectual, social, and emotional needs of advanced learning students.
- It is the responsibility of the Stratford Board of Education and the larger community to ensure the following:
· Ongoing identification of advanced learners.
· Provision of appropriate and systematic educational services to meet the learning needs of all students.
Approved by the