Summer school offerings for Elementary and Secondary students are facilitated by the Stratford Continuing Education Office.
Registration: June 26, 29, 30 7:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Summer School is a fee-based program for Stratford residents and Non-residents in 5th grade through 12th grade.
- Click here to view the Stratford Summer School 2015 Brochure
Stratford Secondary Summer School Policy:
For students in Grades 9 through 12, the following eligibility requirements and restrictions apply to summer school courses:
TO BE ELIGIBLE TO TAKE A SUMMER SCHOOL COURSE, THE STUDENT:
1. Must pass at least two quarters of the course during the school year or
2. Must earn a final grade above 50% and
3. Must not have more absences in the school-year course than allowed by the district's high school attendance policy (twenty absence limit for full-year course; ten absence limit for a semester course) or
4. Must have successfully petitioned the school's Attendance Review Team for a waiver of the attendance requirement.
No more than two courses per year and no more than eight courses total during the student's entire 9 through 12 course sequence may be completed for credit in summer school. The tuition for Stratford students will be $300 for one (1) credit.
Elementary and Middle School Summer School Policy
A student in grade seven or grade eight with a failing cumulative average in three or less of the core subjects (Language Arts, Mathematics, Reading, Science or Social Studies) at the end of the school year will be required to attend summer school at parent's expense in order to be promoted to the next grade level. Upon completion of summer school, retention will be recommended if it is determined that the child has not progressed to a passing level through his/her summer school course work and attendance. A student with a failing cumulative average in four or more core subjects will be retained. Tuition for Stratford students will be $300 for Language Arts, and $240 for Math. Tuition for Middle School will be $240.00.