The STRIVE Program
The STRIVE Program is designed to be a comprehensive community-based transition program that will provide services to Stratford’s disabled young adults who have completed their academic requirements. Students eligible for this twenty hour a week program, which includes classroom activities, on-the-job training, prevocational skills assessment, career interest inventory, and community experiences, should share some common characteristics. These students should display an interest, motivation, and desire:
- To explore vocational experiences.
- To manage personal schedules, banking, and transportation.
- To utilize services and supports within the community.
- To learn adult life skills necessary for supported or independent living and employment.
- To address strengths, needs, issues, weaknesses, and work towards realistic goal
- To increase their level of independence through self-advocacy/strategies.