To develop a community of learners in which ALL students acquire the knowledge, skills and confidence to meet the challenges of a changing and increasingly diverse society.
Stratford Board of Education District Goals
Goal 1. The Stratford Public Schools shall improve the academic achievement of every student in our diverse, evolving community by:
- Early intervention programs, including universal all-day kindergarten;
- Better preparing parents for their supporting role in the education system;
- Standardizing curriculum to challenge all students;
- Maximizing the effective use of technology;
- Providing a highly qualified professional staff.
Goal 2. The Stratford Public Schools shall create an academic environment based on the Six Pillars of Character by:
- Establishing high standards of behavior for all students, staff and parents;
- Ensuring that all students are legally entitled to an education by the Stratford Public Schools;
- Requiring appropriate attire for all students and staff;
- Providing a safe and orderly environment for students and staff.
Goal 3. The Stratford Public Schools shall develop an ongoing partnership with the community by:
- Continuing school/business collaboratives;
- Maintaining positive relationships with the Town Council and other town entities;
- Expanding the community outreach to encourage greater involvement in the school system.
Goal 4. The Stratford Public Schools shall prioritize resources to support the academic goals of the district.