PowerSchool Parent Portal
Parent Portal Agreement
You must agree to the following terms and conditions before proceeding:
The Stratford Public School System is excited to be utilizing one of the features available through our District’s Student Information System called the PowerSchool Parent Portal. The portal provides parents with the privilege of accessing student information records of their children through a secure Internet connection.
Access to your child’s grades and attendance through PowerSchool is being provided to you as another form of communication with teachers and administrators with the goal of supporting your child’s education. Please read these guidelines carefully and click "I AGREE" to access the Parent Portal.
Participating parents/guardians will be expected to act in a responsible, ethical, and legal manner, as well as to abide by and support the following guidelines:
1. Keep your username and password confidential. Best practice is not to share your log-in information with your child as there is parent-specific information that should not be available to students. However, please share the grades and attendance data with your child to start a conversation about study habits and learning.
2. It is your responsibility to determine which parents or guardians are able to access records. By logging into the PowerSchool Parent Portal, you acknowledge that you are duly authorized to view the site. Users will not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the district system or go beyond their authorized access. This includes attempting to log in through another person’s account or access another person’s files. Inappropriate use will result in cancellation of a user’s privilege.
3. Parents who identify a security problem with the PowerSchool Parent Portal must notify their school office immediately.
4. Parents who are identified as a security risk to the Parent Portal will be denied access to the Parent Portal.
5. Grade concerns should first be addressed in a conversation with your child. A discussion can then be directed to the student’s teacher by phone or email.
6. The Stratford Public School System reserves the right to monitor, inspect, copy, review and store at any time, and without prior notice, any and all usage of the PowerSchool Parent Portal and any and all information transmitted or received in connection with such usage. All such information files shall be and remain the property of the school district.
7. I release the Stratford Public School System from any and all liability for damages arising out of the unauthorized access to this account.
By clicking “I AGREE”, as a parent or guardian, I have read and agree with this policy and understand that access is designed for the educational support of my child’s education.