School Plant/Planning Sub-Committee
The School Plant Planning Committee meets the second Monday of every month at 5:30 p.m. in the Board Room at the Administration Center (1000 East Broadway, Stratford CT 06615) unless indicated otherwise.
Meeting agendas can be viewed by clicking on "Calendars" and the meeting date.
The School Plant Planning Committee is responsible for the following actions:
- To recommend building use policy including rental rate policy.
- To review population trends and the effect on school enrollments.
- To review proposals for districting of students.
- To review and establish school boundaries, and hear boundary appeals.
- To serve as a hearing board for transportation complaints.
- To review and prepare plans for alterations, renovations to meet requirements of state law.
- To prepare a five-year capital improvement plan.
- To meet regularly with the Town Council's Building Needs Committee.
- To keep the Building committee advised of school system's capital improvement requirements.
- To serve as liaison committee between building committee and Board in new construction.
- To provide support and direction in pursuit of state and federal grants for renovations and new construction.
The School Plant Planning Committee is scheduled to meet next on Monday, October 10th, 2016. The meeting will take place at 6:00 PM in the Board Room at the Administration Center (1000 East Broadway). Click Here to view the meeting agenda.
Meeting Dates: September 12th (Did not meet) / October 10th / November 14th / December 12th