Why Study Spanish
- 425,000,000 people speak Spanish worldwide.Spanish is the fourth most widely spoken language.
- Spanish is the most studied foreign language in the U.S.
- 20 countries have Spanish as the official language.
- In the last census, there were more than 35 million Hispanics in the United States.
- México, our neighbor to the south, is an important business and trade partner.
- Traveling around the world is a richer experience if you know the language.
- Learning the language helps us undertand the culture.
- Learning another language gives you a better understanding of English.
- Spanish is relatively easy to learn because it is phonetic and contains many cognates.