Please listen to WICC - If Stratford Schools are Cancelled or there is an Early Dismissal, Our Classes are also Cancelled! If it is a Delayed Opening, We Still Have Class.
Dear Stratford Community Resident:
Welcome to our Stratford Continuing Education website. We are excited about the many educational opportunities which we can offer you. We hope you will take advantage of our stimulating environment for adults. We strive to provide you with quality classes that will be challenging and enriching. We are especially proud of our dedicated staff who provide the knowledge and enthusiasm for students to experience the power of lifelong learning.
It is important that we continue building a sense of community as we work together toward individual goals. We look forward to your participation.
Richard P. Hageman
Administrator for Continuing Education
Continuing Ed Office located at Stratford High School
45 N. Parade
Stratford, CT 06615
All mandated Courses start on September 12, 2016. Mandated courses are: ABE/GED, American Citizenship, Credit Diploma Program (Evening High School) and English as a Second Language (ESL). mandated courses need to follow the registration schedule in the table below.
FALL REGISTRATION DATES:
|January 4||2:00 - 5:00 PM||Stratford Library|
|January 5||5:30 - 7:45 PM||Stratford Parents Place|
|January 17||6:00 - 8:00 PM||Stratford High School|
|January 18||6:00 - 8:00 PM||Stratford High School|
|January 19||6:00 - 8:00 PM||Stratford High School|
Classes begin January 23
REGISTRATION PROCEDURE: You must register in person for ABE/GED, American Citizenship, Credit Diploma Program and English as a Second language (ESL).
* Each registrant must provide proof of age (birth certificate, passport, CT ID), and two proofs of Stratford residency (mortgage/lease/rent receipt and utility bill (no phone or cable TV), or a notarized Declaration of Legal Residency Form.
* GED registrants 17 and 18 years of age must also provide proof of official withdrawal from their previous high school.
* Credit Diploma registrants (Evening High School) must provide an official transcript either faxed: 203-336-3163 or mailed with school seal and proof of an Official Withdrawal form obtained from previous high school in order to register.
The Stratford Continuing Education Program is in compliance with Connecticut Statues Sec. 10-71c and does not charge a fee for any textbooks and materials used in the mandated program areas.
ENRICHMENT (GENERAL INTEREST) CLASSES: Registration is open to residents of all towns. You may register up to 48 hours prior to class beginning, but remember some classes fill quickly so try to register early. We will begin accepting online registration for our Spring classes on December 20. Go to www.stratford.coursestorm.com to register.
The Stratford Continuing Education Department is responsive to the educational needs of the town's adult population. These needs vary from one individual to another, ranging from acquiring basic skills to receiving a high school diploma. The adult education program is mandated to provide this basic instruction by Connecticut General Statue 10-69, along with addressing the civic, cultural and vocational needs of the community.
The adult education program tailors its curriculum and teaching methods to match individual learning styles and capabilities, personal interests, goals, maturity levels, special talents and ethnicities. Through a flexible curriculum it responds to the requirements of a changing world and a shifting population. Two essential goals of the program are:
- To assist adults as they develop fundamental skills in fulfilling their basic education requirements.
- To enrich the personal lives of adults by providing them the opportunity to address and satisfy their life-long educational needs, with a broad range of cultural, academic and physical activities.
The Stratford Continuing Education Department is committed to furnishing the residents of Stratford with educational programs which provide a high level of continuing education and personal enrichment at a reasonable cost to the town of Stratford and its participants