Board of Education Agendas, Minutes and Videos
BOARD OF EDUCATION - Meeting Information
ATTENTION: FOR THOSE PUBLIC MEMBERS WHO WISH TO PARTICIPATE IN A VIRTUAL PUBLIC FORUM DURING THE BOARD MEETING SCHEDULED FOR MONDAY, MARCH 22, 2021, PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING:
- Send an Email to Teresa Lycoudes at email@example.com including:
- Your name and Stratford Address
- Topic you're speaking to (Must be specific to February agenda items) - The agenda will be posted on Friday, March 19, 2021
- Submit by 12:00 PM (Noon) on Monday, March 22, 2021. - You will receive a meeting invitation with instructions on joining the meeting virtually or by telephone. After speaking, you will be disconnected from the Administrative Invite and will need to continue watching the meeting via the Livestream. Remember speakers are allotted no more than 3 minutes to speak.
- A special meeting of the Stratford Board of Education has been scheduled for Thursday, February 25, 2021 to immediately follow the special Finance meeting set at 6:30 PM. The meeting will be livestreamed for public viewing. Click here to view the meeting agenda.
The special meeting of the Stratford Board of Education did take place on Thursday, February 25, 2021. The meeting immediately followed the Finance committee's special meeting. The purpose of the meeting was to discuss and approve to forward (to the Stratford Town Council and Mayor's Office) the proposed Itemized Estimate of Expenditures for 2021-2022. After a review and discussion by the Finance Committee, the Finance Committee voted 5-4 to forward the proposed Itemized Estimate of Expenditures for 2021-22 reflecting an increase of $4,556,489 over last year's budget (3.88% increase). The Board of Education convened their special meeting at 7:36 PM and voted 4-3 to approve forwarding the Itemized Estimate of Expenditures for 2021-22 reflecting an increase of $4,556,489 over last year's budget (3.88%) to the Town Council and Mayor's Office.
Finance Committee Members Opposing: Karen Rodia, Amy Wiltsie, Ben Proto, Bob DeLorenzo.
Board Members Opposing: Karen Rodia, Amy Wiltsie, Bob DeLorenzo
Full Meeting Link of Finance Committee immediately followed by Special Board Meeting: https://youtu.be/MNRFDYKoyBo
- The Stratford Board of Education will livestream the Monday, February 22, 2021 Board of Education meeting taking place at 7:15 PM at the following link:
Stratford Board of Education
February 22, 2021
- The Stratford Board of Education held its January Board meeting on Monday, January 25, 2021 beginning at 7:15 PM The meeting took place via Google Meet (Board Members / Administration)(Virtual meeting as per Executive Order 7b), and was live streamed for public viewing.
Click on the link below to view the BOE Meeting - January 25, 2021
The December 21st 2020 Board of Education meeting adjourned at 8:15 PM due to technical difficulties. The meeting will be rescheduled to a future date.
For transparency, the partial link to the incomplete meeting is here: