The Finance Committee reviews, discusses, and takes appropriate action regarding the financial operations of the Stratford Board of Education and Stratford Public Schools.
The Finance Committee also reviews, discusses, and takes appropriate action regarding the annual Itemized Estimate of Expenditures. In this instance, their purpose is to do the following:
- To annually receive the Superintendent's proposed budget for the following year.
- Hold public meetings and recommend changes in the budget.
- Submit the budget to the Board for final approval, briefing the Board on its development and impact on the overall educational program.
- To review the allocation of funds approved annually by the Town Council and to make recommendations to the Board for budget adjustments.
- To make recommendations on methods of financial reporting for the Board.
- To review changes in the operating budget that involve the reallocation of funds from one major category to another and recommend to the Board transfer of funds.
- To consider the new items requiring Board approval and update the budget as required.
- To keep the Board informed on school financial legislation.
- To keep the public informed on the budget status at its monthly meetings and at other times as necessary.
The next Finance Committee regular meeting is scheduled for February 22, 2021 at 6:30 PM. The meeting will take place via the Google Meet Virtual Meeting Platform (as per Executive Order 7b)
December 21, 2020 Finance Meeting - There were technical difficulties the night of December 21, 2020.
|August 24, 2020||August 24, 2020||August 24, 2020|
|Sept. 29, 2020||Sept. 29, 2020||Sept. 29, 2020|
|October 26, 2020||October 26, 2020||October 26, 2020|
|November 23, 2020||November 23, 2020||November 23, 2020|
|December 21, 2020||December 21, 2020||December 21, 2020|
|January 25, 2021||January 25, 2021|
|January 28, 2021 (Presentation - Proposed 21-22 Itemized Estimate of Expenditures)|
|Budget Workshop Schedule|
|February 22, 2021||February 22, 2021|
|March 22, 2021||March 22, 2021|
|April 26, 2021|
Budget Workshops (2020-2021 FY):
Finance Workshop (Tuesday, June 9, at 6:00 PM) - click the link below
Special Board Meeting to immediately follow the special Finance meeting - click the link below
Finance Workshop (Monday, June 1 at 6:30 PM )- click the link below
Special Board Meeting (to immediately follow the Finance Mtg.) - click the link below.
Finance Workshop (Thursday, May 28 at 6:00 PM) - click the link below
Special Board Meeting (immediately to follow Finance Mtg.)-click the link below