School Plant/Planning Sub-Committee
The School Plant Planning Committee's responsibilities include:
- To recommend building use policy including rental rate policy.
- To review population trends and the effect on school enrollments.
- To review proposals for Student Districts within Town of Stratford.
- To review and establish school boundaries, and hear boundary appeals.
- To serve as a hearing board for transportation complaints.
- To review and prepare plans for alterations, renovations to meet requirements of state law.
- To prepare a five-year capital improvement plan.
- To meet regularly with the Town Council's Building Needs Committee.
- To keep the Building committee advised of school system's capital improvement requirements.
- To serve as liaison committee between building committee and Board in new construction.
- To provide support and direction in pursuit of state and federal grants for renovations and new construction.
(Reference Board Bylaw 9132(b) and 9132(c))
Set Meeting Dates for 2021:
The committee will continue to meet, as past practice, on the first Thursday of every other month. All meetings will begin at 6:30 PM and will be held virtually until further notice. The meeting schedule for 2021 is as follows:
February 4 - Meeting Agenda
The next meeting of the School Plant Planning Committee is scheduled for Thursday, February 4, 2021; and will take place via a Virtual Meeting Platform as per Executive Order 7b / COVID-19. The meeting start time is 6:30 PM.
Meeting Link for the Livestream: https://youtu.be/oP1aS-5m_cE
School Plant/Planning Committee (Regular Meeting)
December 3, 2020
Meeting Dates for Regular Meetings 2020
March 5, 2020 - Minutes - (Regular Meeting)
May 7, 2020 - Did not meet - Schools on Remote Learning - Cancelled
August 6, 2020 - Did not meet - Cancelled
October 1, 2020 - Did not meet - Cancelled
December 3, 2020 - Minutes (Via Virtual Meeting per Executive Order 7b)
The meeting start time is 6:30 PM and the meetings will take place every other month with no meeting in January or February. The meeting location is the Board Room at the Administration Center unless otherwise noted.