School Plant/Planning Sub-Committee
The School Plant Planning Committee is responsible for the following:
- To recommend building use policy including rental rate policy.
- To review population trends and the effect on school enrollments.
- To review proposals for districting of students.
- To review and establish school boundaries, and hear boundary appeals.
- To serve as a hearing board for transportation complaints.
- To review and prepare plans for alterations, renovations to meet requirements of state law.
- To prepare a five-year capital improvement plan.
- To meet regularly with the Town Council's Building Needs Committee.
- To keep the Building committee advised of school system's capital improvement requirements.
- To serve as liaison committee between building committee and Board in new construction.
- To provide support and direction in pursuit of state and federal grants for renovations and new construction.
The School Plant Planning Committee has scheduled a special meeting for Thursday, March 5, 2020 at 6:30 PM. The meeting will take place in the Board Room at the Administration Center (1000 East Broadway).
Meeting Dates for Regular Meetings 2020
March 5, 2020
May 7, 2020
August 6, 2020
October 1, 2020
December 3, 2020
The meeting start time is 6:30 PM and the meetings will take place every other month with no meeting in January or February. The meeting location is the Board Room at the Administration Center unless otherwise noted.