Spring Track Announcements
Congratulations to the Boys Spring Track team placing 2nd in our league championships and to all the boys and girls receiving medals in their respective events! What a great season it has been.
Below is our Track and Field announcements for 2019.
Athletes may get picked up at 3:45pm at the back pool entrance or take the late bus home. Please see the late bus tab for more information.
***Sign up for REMIND to receive push notifications to your phone with real time updates for the team.
Posted on the website is our track and field schedule for 2019. It was also handed to each athlete as a hard copy.
Correction to the track schedule...the Wednesday May 1st practice at Bunnell is cancelled. The online schedule reflects this change as well. There will be no practice on Wednesday May 1st as it is a half day.
Good afternoon track families. Our 5/1 practice at Bunnell is cancelled due to the half day PLC. Our first meet is this Thurs in Fairfield! Buses will take the team to the meet and back to Flood after. Normally meets last 2.5 hours. We will use Remind to announce our return to Flood. Families feel free to attend. If families are driving athletes home, sign them out with coach before leaving. Any questions email Coach Bowcock at email@example.com.
Good evening Track families. Attached is a message to families and athletes about our meets for this season.
- Meets: Meets will be held throughout the season. All students should ride the bus back to the school after the meet and get picked up at Flood by a parent or guardian. Any other arrangements must be made clear to Mr. Bowcock 24 hours in advance through a written note or email. If families decide to attend the meet and bring their athlete home when they are done please notifying us via email or note and on the day of the meet please find coach at the meet to sign out before leaving.
- Jerseys: All jerseys were given out today in good condition. It is the athletes and families responsibility to keep care of the jersey and return it in the same condition at the end of the season. IMPORTANT: Please only air dry the jersey. Damage can occur from drying.
- Away meet on May 2nd: We will have an away meet at Roger Ludlowe Middle School starting at 4pm. Our buses will depart at 3pm from Flood. As guests of the event, we would expect all athletes and fans to exercise sportsmanship at the meet. We are aiming for the completion of the event to be around 6:00-6:30pm. Please let us know if you have any questions. Any cancellations due to weather will be communicated via Remind once the away meet coaches have made that decision. Normally this happens by lunchtime on the day of the meet.
- Nutrition: As this is a long day, a nut free and healthy packed snack is encouraged. There may be a cash concession stand for purchase of snacks but it may not be open.
- Remind: For all families, we will send a Remind message once the meet is over to better advise you on when to meet at Flood to pick up your athlete.
- Order of Events: ***The host team may alter this order.
1.55m Hurdles/ 1600m
3.4 X 100 m
7.4 X 400m Relay
**Field Events run concurrently
Attention all Track and Field Families:
Next Sat. June 1st we will travel to Brookfield High School to compete in our Track and Field league championship starting at 10am. The bus will depart Flood middle school at 8am so athletes must arrive before 7:45am. Those selected to participate will represent Flood middle school. We are so very proud of the entire team and all of the hard work they have put in this season. Go Flood Falcons!
***Up to date