At Flood Middle School we believe that:
- Every individual is unique has worth.
- All individuals can learn.
- Individuals learn in a safe, nurturing and healthy environment.
- Diversity is a strength and enriches learning.
- Performance is directly related to clearly stated goals and expectations.
- Learning is a life-long process, which prepares and sustains individuals as contributing members of society.
- Individuals are responsible and accountable to their actions.
- Respect, tolerance, and trust are shared among all members of the educational community.
- Individuals learn in different ways and at varying rates.
- All individuals experience success.
- The nature of learning is active, engaging and relevant to the larger world.