Comprehensive developmental school counseling is designed to respond to the developmental needs of all students in a school district. The developmental approach is founded on the belief that individuals experience general stages of personal/social growth and that school guidance programs must be structured to anticipate and fulfill the academic, career, and personal/social needs of all students.
Benefits for Students:
- Promotes knowledge and assistance in career exploration and development.
- Develops decision-making skills.
- Increases knowledge of self and others.
- Broadens knowledge of our changing world.
- Increases opportunities for counselor-student interaction.
Benefits for Parents:
- Provides support for parents regarding their child’s educational development.
- Develops a system for a child’s long-range planning.
- Increases opportunities for parent/counselor interaction.
- Enables parents to obtain resources when needed.