Nichols Vision Statement
Nichols Elementary School will work together as a whole school community to improve student learning. We as a team will create a safe and organized environment where students and staff, along with parents, and guardians, have the belief that ALL children can learn and grow. We are a community of life-long learners and leaders with a growth mind set. Our school will foster individual differences and teach for understanding with high expectations for all. We will strive to think critically and creatively to encourage good decision-making strategies and to promote a sense of teamwork and cooperation. Our students will be empowered to reach their potential, as well as become respectful and responsible citizen leaders for the future.
- All children can learn given appropropriate time, instruction, and access to resources.
- Strudents’ learning, attendance, and behavior improve when they are actively engaged in meaningful work.
- Education is a shared responsibility. It is a partnership of home, school and community.
- High standards and expectations must be maintained through a system of accountability for all students, staff and schools.
- The best attitude is one that has high energy, is reflective, supportive, optimistic, and willing to learn.