Parent Education and Support
You will need Acrobat Reader to view the documents below. If your computer does not have Acrobat Reader, click on the words "free from Adobe" to download it.
free from Adobe.
free from Adobe.
- Parent/Child Activities (Playgroups) are Parent Educator led morning programs for parents and their children up to age five. These groups involve play and educational toys, arts and crafts projects, snack, and circle time that includes books and music. During these sessions, parents meet informally with a Parent Educator to discuss parenting topics of interest.
- Baby Time provides an opportunity for parents to share the joys and challenges of baby’s first year. Monthly topics important to the first year of life are discussed.
Parent Line is a telephone consultation service where a phone call to SPP puts parents in touch with a
Parent Educator who offers practical tips on parenting or child development questions.
Parents as Teachers (PAT) is a program for families with children birth to age five which provides child
development information and support through personal visits with a Certified Parent Educator.
Early Developmental Screenings are available for parents of children birth through age five. SPP uses the
Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ) to identify a child’s strengths and areas of concern, educate parents about
developmental milestones, and incorporate parents’ own knowledge about their children.
- The Book Place is a Read to Grow sponsored book site. Parents are encouraged to choose a free book for each child to bring home to promote language building and literacy.
- Click here for more information.
- Adult Education information is available at SPP. An Adult Education Counselor is available by appointment, on-site at SPP to discuss adult education needs including: GED, Basic Skills, ESL, Credit Diploma, and American Citizenship. Adult Education and Continuing Education registration is held bi-annually at Stratford Parents’ Place.
- Registration will be held at Stratford Parents' Place on Thursday, August 31, 2017 from 5:30pm -7:45pm.