IF YOU HAVEN'T REGISTERED FOR ESL, GED, CREDIT DIPLOMA OR AMERICAN CITIZENSHIP CLASSES YET, YOU CAN COME AND DO SO ON THE FIRST NIGHT OF CLASSES SEPTEMBER 11th BETWEEN 4 - 8 PM
CLASSES ARE HELD AT Wooster Middle School 150 Lincoln Street
Please listen to WICC - If Stratford Schools are Cancelled or there is an Early Dismissal, Our Classes are also Cancelled! If it is a Delayed Opening, We Still Have Class.
Dear Stratford or Trumbull Community Resident:
Welcome to our Stratford Continuing Education website. We are excited about the many educational opportunities which we can offer you. We hope you will take advantage of our stimulating environment for adults. We strive to provide you with quality classes that will be challenging and enriching. We are especially proud of our dedicated staff who provide the knowledge and enthusiasm for students to experience the power of lifelong learning.
It is important that we continue building a sense of community as we work together toward individual goals. We look forward to your participation.
The Continuing Education Office located at Wooster Middle School (use back entrance near the parking lot)
150 Lincoln Street
Stratford, CT 06614
All mandated courses for the Fall semester start on September 11, 2018. Mandated courses are FREE to Stratford and Trumbull residents and include: ABE/GED, American Citizenship, Credit Diploma Program (Evening High School), NEDP (National External Diploma Program) and English as a Second Language (ESL). Mandated courses need to follow the registration schedule in the table below.
FALL REGISTRATION DATES:
|August 29||5:30 - 7:30 PM||Stratford Parents Place|
|1:00 - 5:00 PM||Stratford Library|
|CANCELLED||Wooster Middle School|
|4:00 - 9:00 PM||Wooster Middle School|
Classes begin September 11
REGISTRATION PROCEDURE: You must register in person for ABE/GED, American Citizenship, Credit Diploma Program, NEDP, and English as a Second language (ESL).
* Each registrant must provide proof of age (birth certificate, passport, CT ID), and two proofs of Stratford or Trumbull residency (mortgage/lease/rent receipt and utility bill (no phone or cable TV), or a notarized Declaration of Legal Residency Form.
* GED registrants 17 and 18 years of age must also provide proof of official withdrawal from their previous high school.
* Credit Diploma registrants (Evening High School) must provide an official transcript either faxed: 203-336-3163 or mailed with school seal and proof of an Official Withdrawal form obtained from previous high school in order to register.
The Stratford Continuing Education Program is in compliance with Connecticut Statues Sec. 10-73a and does not charge fees for registration, textbooks or materials used in the mandated program areas.
Enrichment class registration: www.stratford.coursestorm.comENRICHMENT (GENERAL INTEREST) CLASSES: Registration is open to residents of all towns. You may register up to 48 hours prior to class beginning, but remember some classes fill quickly so try to register early. We will begin accepting online registration for our Fall classes on August 15. Go to www.stratford.coursestorm.com to register.
The Stratford Continuing Education Department is responsive to the educational needs of the town's adult population. These needs vary from one individual to another, ranging from acquiring basic skills to receiving a high school diploma. The adult education program is mandated to provide this basic instruction by Connecticut General Statue 10-69, along with addressing the civic, cultural and vocational needs of the community.
The adult education program tailors its curriculum and teaching methods to match individual learning styles and capabilities, personal interests, goals, maturity levels, special talents and ethnicities. Through a flexible curriculum, it responds to the requirements of a changing world and a shifting population. Two essential goals of the program are:
- To assist adults as they develop fundamental skills in fulfilling their basic education requirements.
- To enrich the personal lives of adults by providing them the opportunity to address and satisfy their life-long educational needs, with a broad range of cultural, academic and physical activities.
The Stratford Continuing Education Department is committed to furnishing the residents of Stratford with educational programs which provide a high level of continuing education and personal enrichment at a reasonable cost to the Town of Stratford and its participants