Summer school offerings for Elementary and Secondary students are facilitated by the
Stratford/Trumbull Continuing Education Office.Summer School dates: July 6 - August 4, 2020 - 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
All courses will be held ONLINE this summer.
Registration: June 24 - July 2
ONLINE REGISTRATION ONLY AT http://stratford.courestorm.com
Please note, that students should use their school email upon online registration.
For questions please email: email@example.com or call (203)-385-4270
- Summer School is a fee-based program for Stratford residents and Non-residents in 7th grade through 12th grade.
- Payment Plans are available and checks can be make out & mailed to Stratford/Trumbull Continuing Education.
Stratford Secondary Summer School Policy:
For students in Grades 9 through 12, the following eligibility requirements and restrictions apply to summer school courses:
TO BE ELIGIBLE TO TAKE A SUMMER SCHOOL COURSE, THE STUDENT:
- 1.Must pass at least two quarters of the course during the school year or
- 2.Must earn a final grade above 50% and
- 3.Must take their final exam and
- 4.Must not have more absences in the school -year course than allowed by the district’s high school attendance policy (twenty absence limit for full-year course, ten absence limit for a semester course) or
- 5.Must have successfully petitioned the School Attendance Review Team for a waiver of the attendance requirement.
No more than two courses per year and no more than eight courses total during the student’s entire nine through twelve course sequence may be completed for credit in summer school.
Summer School will be held through distance learning (Online). Summer school is at parent’s expense. Students are expected to attend school every day, therefore, vacations will not be allowed during this time. The tuition for each class will be $300.00 for residents and $320.00 for non-residents for all classes.
Stratford students must register online and have been recommended by their principal or guidance counselor. Please note that the administration reserves the right to cancel a class/section that is not sufficiently enrolled.
Elementary and Middle School Summer School Policy
A student in grade seven or grade eight with a failing cumulative average in three or less of the core subjects (Language Arts, Mathematics, Reading, Science or Social Studies) at the end of the school year will be required to attend summer school at parent’s expense in order to be promoted to the next grade level. Upon completion of summer school, retention will be recommended if it is determined that the child has not progressed to a passing level through his/her summer school course work and attendance. A student with a failing cumulative average in four or more core subjects will be retained.
Summer School will be held at Wooster Middle School. Students may be required to attend more than one class, depending on the number of failures. Students are expected to attend school every day, therefore, vacations will not be allowed during this time. The tuition for each class will be $240.00 for residents and $260.00 for non-residents.
Stratford students must register in person and have been recommended by their principal or guidance counselor. Please note that the administration reserves the right to cancel a class/section that is not sufficiently enrolled.