Second Hill Lane
“Dress for Success”
preferred school number 900162355
Uniform Clothing can be purchased at any store. Only Land’s End (Mail order or Sears) can provide SHL Logo’s and accurate colors.
Tee-shirts must have the SHL Logo.
- Solid color short or long sleeve polo shirt, oxford shirt, blouse or turtleneck. Shirts must have a collar with the exception of dress blouses and “SHL” T-shirts. Colors- White, light blue, navy, or light pink
- White, light blue, navy, or light pink sweaters, vests or sweatshirts - with or without hood.
- All tops must emphasize modesty and fit properly.
- Navy, black, or khaki (tan) pants, shorts*, capris, skorts*, skirts*, or jumpers*. (* length must cover two-thirds of the thigh)
- On physical education day, navy, gray, black or SHL sweatpants/sweatshirts may be worn. A small logo or thin side-stripe is acceptable.
- All bottoms must emphasize modesty and fit properly.
- No jeans/denim
- Leggings, Jeggings, and Yoga bottoms cannot be worn as “pants”, but they may be worn under a skirt/skort.
Sneakers, shoes, low heel boots are acceptable.Flip flops, sandals, open toes, backless shoes, slippers, wheelies, and chunky or high heels are not acceptable for safety reasons.
Socks must be worn with footwear. No specifications for colors.
Scout uniforms are acceptable.
Some children have sensory challenges that require specific fabrics and clothing types. Waivers would be granted with a medical excuse.
No articles of clothing will have writing on them other than a logo of appropriate size and location (see below)
Accessories not allowed in school:
- Headwear inside school;
- Unnatural hair colorings;
- Cosmetics or make-up;
- Heavy, dangly, or extensive jewelry/chains/bracelets (no jewelry in gym classes);
- Perfumes or colognes.
If compliance with the Dress Code violates the requirements of an established religious group, or you cannot comply due to a financial hardship, please write a letter to the Superintendent of Schools with a copy to the Second Hill Lane principal stating the reasons. A meeting will be held to resolve the matter as quickly as possible.
Complying with the “Dress for Success” policy:
Should the need arise to work with families; the following steps are in place if a student continues to struggle meeting the dress code.
- A verbal warning will be given to the student and a telephone will be made home to parent/guardian to alert them of expectations.
- If non-compliance continues a parent conference with Assistant Principal will be scheduled.
- Parent/guardian will be required to conference with the principal before returning to class.
- Meeting with the Superintendent or the Assistant Superintendent.
If necessary, the Principal will convene a more formal meeting with parents and District Administration to further discuss the parent/guardian commitment to the Second Hill Lane community. At this meeting, every attempt will be made to resolve the situation.
Samples of appropriate attire:
Samples of inappropriate attire: