- Demonstrate competency in a variety of physical activities: dance, gymnastics, team and
individual games, fitness, and outdoor and challenge pursuits.
- Understand and apply principles of human movement to the learning and
development of motor skills.
- Utilize fitness and nutritional concepts to achieve and maintain a health enhancing level of
physical fitness,and a physically active lifestyle.
- Demonstrate responsible personal behavior and work cooperatively
with others of diverse backgrounds in a physical activity setting.
- Identify, understand, and value how physical activity provides personal enjoyment, challenge,
- Demonstrate progress toward avoiding risk-taking activities that cause intentional and unintentional
injuries or diseases (students will demonstrate first aid and safety techniques.)
- Demonstrate progress toward learning accurate information about physical development, including
human sexuality and mental and emotional health.
- Demonstrate progress toward maintaining lifestyles that are free of tobacco, alcohol, and other non-medicinal drugs.