Top 6 Standards for English / Language Arts / Reading
- Students read, write, speak, listen, and view to construct meaning of written, visual, and oral text.
- Students choose and apply appropriate strategies that facilitate the development of fluent
and proficient use of the language arts including the use of technology.
- Students use language in visual, oral, written, and performance-based forums.
- Students write in the four modes of discourse (description, narration, exposition, and persuasion)
for various purposes and audiences.
- Students examine, understand, and respond to a variety of literature from diverse cultures
and historical periods.
- Students employ processes that encourage them in becoming independent, life-long learners
in English Language Arts.