2017-2018 Profile Overview
Stratford High School
45 North Parade
Stratford, Connecticut 06615
Office (203) 385-4230 Fax (203) 381-2021
Guidance (203) 385-4235 Fax (203) 381-6987
Jack Dellapiano, Principal
TBA, Assistant Principal
TBA, Assistant Principal
Daniel Hicks, Assistant Principal
The town of Stratford, population 50,000, is both a residential and diversified industrial community with a broad range of economic groups. Stratford is located east of Bridgeport, CT in Fairfield County, 55 miles from New York City, 5 miles south of the Merritt Parkway, exit 51 and 1/2 miles north of the Connecticut Turnpike, I95 exit 32.
- A four-year comprehensive high school.
- Enrollment: 1024
- Faculty: 75
- Average class size: 32
- Class periods: 7 periods per day, 45 minutes each, 5 times a week, 40 weeks per year
- Laboratory sciences: Chemistry and Physics have two 88 minute lab periods weekly. Biology is five periods weekly which includes lab work.
- School CEEB code: 070755
New England Association of Schools and Colleges and the Connecticut State Department of Education.
A+ 97 - 100
A 93 - 96
A- 90 - 92
First Honors 89.5 average Second Honors 85.5 average
Dawn Didonato, Katie Lynn, Patricia Morrissey, Betsy Murphy, Laura Silence
Post-Graduate, Class of
College Bound Total
Students are grouped by levels in English, mathematics, social studies and science courses as follows:
- Advanced Placement: Indicates that the subject may prepare students for CEEB Advanced Placement examination and credit.
- Honors: Indicates exceptional ability. Students are selected on basis of ability and previous achievement. Subjects emphasize research, independent projects and in-depth study.
- Level 1: Indicates strong evidence of high ability and achievement.
- Level 2: Indicates average ability and/or achievement.
- Grade Point Average and Class Rank
Stratford High school uses a quality Point Ratio to weigh student grades. This allows the class rank to be reflective of course difficulty as well as student grades. The Grade Point Average (GPA) listed on the student transcript is based on a non-weighted scale of 4.3 to zero. Valedictorian and salutatorian status is determined by seven semesters of accumulated grades.
21 units earned for grades 9-12.
Must include a minimum program of:
- 4 units of English
- 2 units of Science
- 3 units of Mathematics
- 3 units of Social Studies
- .5 unit of Personal Finance (starting with Class of 2019)
- 1 units of Art or Career & Tech Ed
- 1.5 units of Health and Physical Education
- 6 units of Electives
In addition to completing the above requirements students must satisfactory achieve the district CAPT performance standard.
Colleges and Universities to which students were accepted, 2017-2018
|Emerson College||Lincoln Tech||Sacred Heart University|
|Alleghany College||Evangel University||Loyola University||San Diego State University|
|American International College||Felician University||Manchester Community College||Santa Barbara State College|
|American University||Florida Keys Community College||Mercy College||Savannah College of Art & Design|
|Bentley University||Florida Southern College||Merrimack College||Southern CT State University|
|Boston College||Florida State University||Milford Academy||Springfield College|
|Boston University||Franklin Pierce||Mitchell College||St. John Fisher College|
|Central CT State University||Gateway Community College||Northeastern University||St. Johns University|
|Clark Atlanta University||Hartford Art School||Norwalk Community College||Syracuse University|
|College of Mount Saint Vincent||Harvard University||Palm Beach Atlantic University||University of Bridgeport|
|Dartmouth University||Housatonic Community College||Paul Mitchell College||UConn|
|Dean College||Iona College||Plymouth State University||UMass-Amherst|
|Drexel University||Johnson and Wales University||Post University||University of New Haven|
|East Carolina University||Keiser University||Princeton University||University of Rhode Island|
|Eastern CT State University||Lehigh University||Rider University||University of Vermont|
|Western Ct State University|