Information Literacy and Technology Standards
Stratford Information Literacy and Technology Standards
Standard 1: Information Strategies
- Students determine their need for information and apply strategies to select, locate and access information resources.
Standard 2: Information Use
- Students evaluate, analyze and synthesize information and data to solve problems, conduct research and pursue personal interests.
Standard 3: Information and Technology Application
- Students use appropriate technologies to create written, visual, oral and multi-media products that communicate ideas and information.
Standard 4: Literacy and Literary Appreciation
- Students extract meaning from fiction and non-fiction resources in a variety of formats. They demonstrate an enjoyment of reading, including an appreciation of literature and other creative expressions.
Standard 5: Personal Management
- Students display evidence of ethical, legal, and social responsibility in regard to information resources and project and self-management.