"The mission of the Stratford school community is to ensure that all students acquire the knowledge, character and 21st century skills to succeed through high quality learning experiences and community partnerships within a culture of diversity and respect."
Stratford Board of Education District Goals
1. The Stratford Public Schools shall provide a culture that promotes the academic achievement and growth of every student, as well as provide growth and learning to every staff and faculty member of our diverse district.
2. The Stratford Public Schools shall maintain a school climate based on good citizenship, caring, fairness, respect, trust and responsibility of students, faculty, and administration.
3. The Stratford Public Schools shall nurture and expand its partnerships with the surrounding community through continual collaborative efforts, continual communication and relations with public officials and media; and continual efforts to grow parental engagement and participation.
Stratford Public Schools Improvement Plan Strategies 2017-2022
1. We will strengthen family and community partnerships to ensure that every student has access to real world, learning and career opportunities.
2. We will implement mastery base learning including high quality instructional strategies, and engaging content that reflects the diversity of all students.
3. We will integrate 21st century skills into all classrooms, supported by a comprehensive assessment system.
4. We will implement a rigorous social curriculum to promote character development, social emotional wellness, and positive behaviors.
Nichols Elementary School