Health & Physical Education
"Stratford Public Schools is committed to establishing and sustaining an equitable community that achieves the District's equity mission to end the predictive value of race and ensure each individual students' and staff members' success. The Board of Education rejects all forms of racism as destructive to its mission, vision, values, and goals."
INCLUDE - ENGAGE - INSPIRE
It is our Vision at SPS that:
Each and every Stratford Public School student thrives in further education, career and workplace opportunities, and life as a: communicator, collaborator, lifelong learner, compassionate and engaged community member, and a solution driven problem solver.
Our mission statement illustrates the essence of our daily work:
It is our Mission at SPS:
To support the growth of the whole student through a challenging and inspiring education, within a safe and inclusive environment.
To propel the work, the BOE has 5 District Priorities which reinforce each other. These priorities are centered on:
● Well-Being. Supporting the well-being and social emotional health of students.
● Meaningful Learning. Ensuring high-quality instruction and meaningful learning for each and every child.
● Plan for Future Success. Ensuring a student driven plan that prepares students for postsecondary success.
● Exceptional Talent. Recruiting, diversifying, developing, supporting, and retaining exceptional faculty and staff.
● Family and Community Partnership. Engaging families and strengthening connections with the community.
The Board of Education’s strategic plan is directly aligned to each schools’ improvement plan. Additionally, the construction of the strategic plan positions the district to be agile and well suited to respond to the ever-changing dynamics of communities and society.